Sunday, February 13, 2011

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my new blog!

I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself and my blog before diving into posting here.

My name is Ms. Thompson and I am a student at Rutgers Graduate School of Education.  I'm currently in my last semester of my teacher education program and can't wait to enter the field of teaching!  When I begin teaching I will be qualified to teach K-8 with a specialization in Mathematics for grades 6-8.  I student taught in 2nd and 6th grade and my experiences in both were so fantastic that I'm having a hard time deciding which area (elementary or middle school) I would rather teach in.

Currently I live in an apartment with my boyfriend of four years and two other roommates, one of which is also in the education program at Rutgers.  My GSE roommate and I often find ourselves discussing topics from class and our experiences in teaching at our apartment.  It has been a great resource to have someone to talk to about education who understands what I'm talking about when I talk about things like differentiating lessons or cooperative learning experiences.

This blog is not my first experience in the blogging world.  I also write another blogspot.com blog (however I do not write as often as I should) about my experiences with my other loves: cooking, traveling, knitting, and the occasional story about my experience in education.  I also frequently use tumblr.com to blog more about imagery that I like or am interested in.  This will, however, be my first blog entirely dedicated to education.  I haven't quite decided the route that I would like to take with this blog but be on the look out for my takes on educational methods, technology used in the classroom,  personal anecdotes, and links to some of my favorite educational websites.

Please feel free to leave comments and suggestions, they are always welcome!  Also, before you leave please take the polls at the bottom of my blog to let me know how I can better improve my site.

Thanks and welcome again!

No comments:

Post a Comment